In this chapter we are going to explain how to install IIS 7.x server.
IIS only works with the Windows platform. Microsoft windows already supports IIS, all we need to do is to enable it following some steps. Install the Microsoft Web Platform Installer. Run Web Platform Installer (WPI). Select Product on the top tab and Server on the left. Click add button for recommended IIS 7 configuration and install.
In Windows 7, the steps for enabling features are given as:
- Go to the Control Panel and enter Program and Features.
- Select Turn windows features on or off.
- Select internet information services.
- Select the features you want to enable.
- Windows authentication and security can be selected.
- Select OK to complete.