The document's head contains elements with useful information about the current page and/or the website.
Search engines are often interpreting the head's elements in order to index and store information about the page correctly.
The <head> element is the container for other head elements.
These elements are:
- <title> element (document's title)
- <meta /> element (document's description, keywords and other information)
- <base /> element (default path and/or default target of all links on a page)
- <link /> element (relationship between a document and external resource)
- <style> element (container for internal styling of a page)
- <script> element (defines a client side script)